Black Forest Hatchet is a light ax with a traditional German woodworking blade. This type of ax was used daily in towns and villages in forest areas along the Rhine River. The wide blade makes it suitable for smaller woodwork.
An adjustable edge guard of 6-7 oz American leather is included.
- C50 high quality carbon steel
Open matrix cases forged by hand, heat-treated and oil-cured
- 53-56HRC (Rockwell)
- Made and ground by hand
- Marked with "Helko" crown mark
- Made by hand from American hickory class 'A'
- Individually selected for grain orientation and density
- Treated with boiled linseed oil
- Traditionally hung with a hardwood wedge and a round steel wedge
The shaft length: - cm