Black Forest Woodworker was originally designed for the famous Black Forest in Germany. It is the most important tool for an experienced lumberjack. This ax is a middleweight version of Helko's iconic Woodworker on 1000 gram.
With a slightly heavier ax head and longer handle, the ax gives a little extra when needed, while maintaining a compact size. The wide blade makes it good for cutting as well as moderate splitting work.
An adjustable edge guard of 6-7 oz American leather is included.
- C50 high quality carbon steel
- Forged by hand, heat treated and oil hardened
- 53-56HRC (Rockwell)
- Forged and sharpened by hand and marked with Helko's crown mark
Made in Switzerland from American hickory class 'A'
- Individually selected for grain and density
- Treated with boiled linseed oil
- Traditionally hung with a wedge of hardwood and a round wedge of steel
Shaft length: 70 cm
Head weight: 1250 gram